feeding Koi

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
When it gets down to 55 degrees, you have to watch them. My small koi ate until 50 degrees, the 18" and above stopped at 55 degrees.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Pondlady is on to something that I didn't think of. My pond fish have not learned to beg so I have not experienced this in the winter.

Good point! I will make a note of it.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
ok so the water is about 55F should i stop feeding

When it gets down to 55 degrees, you have to watch them. My small koi ate until 50 degrees, the 18" and above stopped at 55 degrees.

Now it is a judgement call. We don't know the size of your fish. Never feed below 50.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I just fed my 6-9" koi in a tank that was 55 degrees. Does this help?
You know where I am if you live in So Cal.

Reaction score
I'm feeding my Koi goldfish flakes. Is there a certain food I need to get for it? Koi's are something new to me.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Cookie

I feed my small Koi flakes until they are big enough to start on pellets. I have small, medium and large pellets for the various Koi I have.

Remember not to feed them when the water is below 50 degrees. They will be fine for months through the winter.

Reaction score
DrDave
My Koi is in a 20 Gallon fish tank in the house. I just got it gave to me a couple of weeks ago. It's eating 3 times a day and growing like crazy. It was about 6-8 inches when I got it. I have to get it out in my pond soon.:goldfish:

Ask a Question