Feeding pond fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
you can but it would most likely foul the water quicker; pellets don't dissolve as fast giving the fish time to find them all and ingest. I'd try a small amount and see how much mess there is during and after feeding. Don't have any food left over from feeding. With pellets, I usually throw enough out for every fish to get at least one pellet and that's it. The larger ones obviously get more. If you have a good balance with algae on the UW surfaces, they'll nibble all day on that and be just fine.

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you can but it would most likely foul the water quicker; pellets don't dissolve as fast giving the fish time to find them all and ingest. I'd try a small amount and see how much mess there is during and after feeding. Don't have any food left over from feeding. With pellets, I usually throw enough out for every fish to get at least one pellet and that's it. The larger ones obviously get more. If you have a good balance with algae on the UW surfaces, they'll nibble all day on that and be just fine.

View attachment 143903
Thank u its not even set up yet be ready for next year

Ask a Question