Fertilizer for Water Hyacinth?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My water hyacinth are turning yellow. In the past I have used a product called Aquatic Plant Stimulant from a company called PondCare. It is a liquid and you just a little every week or so. They no longer make this product and I was wondering if someone knew of another fertilizer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@John Weir - welcome to the GPF!

Some people use plain old Miracle-Gro in a separate container of water - a kiddie pool or even a bucket will work. Pull them out of the pond, let them sit in the treated water for a few days until they perk up and then back into the pond. Is that how you used the other product?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have you checked the water hyacinth before you put them in the pond .I rinse the roots and inspect them and then for a week or 2 I keep them in a tub with water a miracle grow .I look at the water to make sure no pesky bugs are in the water ,because that means they need rinsed better before the plants go in the pond

Ask a Question