Fertilizing Lotus Plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 2-3 aerial leaves right now and some of the floating leaves are starting to turn a faded yellow color, so I need to fertilize it as soon as I can. What fertilizer would you recommend for a lotus plant, or just aquatic plants in general?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tend to just use osmocote for lilies, back when I fertilized my lotus I used osmocote in a paper towel stuck in the litter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We buy the Highland aquatic plant tabs - for no particular reason. I think they are just easy to find locally. They seem to work great, but to me they fall apart too easily. I guess that makes them dissolve better, too, but you have to work fast. And by the time we get to the bottom of the container, it's nothing but powder.

Remind me again why I buy these things? Oh, right... I'm too lazy to research another brand! :LOL:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My lotus don't get fed at all, but they do get dirty pond water,the tub never gets cleaned, so they get plenty of nutrients that way.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tend to just use osmocote for lilies, back when I fertilized my lotus I used osmocote in a paper towel stuck in the litter.
Did the pellets dissolve well wrapped in the paper towel? And did you remove the paper towel from the dirt after everything finished dissolving?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did the pellets dissolve well wrapped in the paper towel? And did you remove the paper towel from the dirt after everything finished dissolving?
Back when I did it, I would wrap the pellets in paper towels, just for the lotus, shove it down as far as I could in the litter. Never went back and checked on the pellets, paper etc.

Been 5ish years since I have fertilized them.

Ask a Question