Field trip to Aquascape

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So it's our day off and the hubbs and I are on a date to Aquascape in St Charles. We brought pictures of the pond, a ton of questions, and plotted out graph of exactly what we have. Gosh that place is terrible to go to when your new. The huge gorgeous koi and fish they had made me so jealous. But much to our extreme delight the 2 nice gentleman we ambushed with our new pond excitement told us we are doing a great job. Basically it's due to our filtration system. We picked their brain on a few things. It was a great experience. I might end up with 2 new fish kids today if we go back before heading home. John wants a calico comet and I have my eye on a black and silver koi. I'll post pics if we end up adopting them today.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Aquascape is definitely a fun place to visit! They're always changing things up and have lots of ideas and examples of ponds and water features of all sizes - something for everyone!

How big is your pond?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But some of the advice has to be looked at closely .I visited the 1 in NC and could not believe what some of them were telling people .A couple in fact came to look at plants and left with over a hundred dollars in chemicals that were useless .They tried to sell them more but they said they would have to come back .The plants and stuff they bought was over 300 dollars For a 1500 gallon pond that was way to many plants ,but the guy they were walking around with kept saying they should get this 1 and that 1 .They left with 15 plants that I counted . I was disgusted and not impressed .I really wanted to pull this couple aside and give them some advice .I BIT MY LIP .:mad::(.THEY TOLD THE GUY THEY BUILT THE POND THEMSELVES AND HE TOLD THEM THEY NEEDED A BETTER FILTER ..They also needed someone to tell them the system and filter they built would never work .Of course he went into that 3000 dollars they could have a maintenance free pond SURE :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Our pond 6x10 and about 800 gallons. I was a bit taken aback at the one sales clerk who said at the sidewalk sale they were having they were giving away free koi. That to me is like giving away free cats or dogs without knowing a thing about where they are ending up. But I'm odd like that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But I did enjoy my day of looking but also it was like walking into a car dealership .They bounce on you not 1 time or 2 times .They just keep coming .4 sales people there at the 1 in NC and every time I turned around 1 was there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We loved it. It's just sometimes no matter where you go thru are there to sell. They really were helpful and took a good amount of time looking at our pictures and graph and answering questions. I really liked walking around and feeding their huge koi. I will grab pics of that today as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I loved the walk around and just enjoy it was like a park for ponders .It is on Colfax rd there and near the cheerwine place and I was there over 3 hours just enjoying the sounds of water .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@sissy - there's only one "Aquascape". It's here in the Chicago area. Others may be Aquascape certified or sell Aquascape products, but they aren't run by Aquascape. Not trying to dismiss any of your criticisms, but it's not accurate to lump them all together as if they are the same company. They are independent dealers and all run their businesses as they choose.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They say they are owned by aquascape .Of course it has not the big store as my brother who lives up your way visited that store .One of the guys was from up your way that did the tv shows and was there because they were doing a build in the area for some kind of park .Not sure if they were doing a tv show of it or not .My brother also went to the garden show .He lives in Flat Rock and works for Ford

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They say they are owned by aquascape

Not to belabor the point, but they aren't. Aqualand in St. Charles is the only retail location owned by Aquascape. Maybe they said they were a Certified Aquascape Contractor.

Ask a Question