filter first then pump!

Reaction score
Country
United States
my equipment is coming to the end of its life cycle. i am looking for replacement equipment and the filter (ocean clear) is no longer available. most of the new filters are all called pressure filters. perhaps i am doing things wrong but the logic seems great. i don't want to spend much time in the pond cleaning anything, so the pump and filter is all outside of the pond. everything is hard pvc piped. water is sucked thru the filter by the pump. this keeps all debris from traveling thru the pump - works great. just worried that the new pressure filters might not work as well. anybody out there have a setup like mine? any recommendations?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I got rid of my two pressure filters and UV light. I got tired of cleaning filter pads, plus I had constant solid green water.

In the Spring of 2020 I added on a bog filter. Crystal clear water and no filters to clean.
It was well worth it and I now have very little, if any, maintenance. My water has never been this clear in over a decade.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1610731319399.gif
@amosbyington

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Sorry, can’t offer advice. All my pumps are submersible, and my filters consist of a bog and (temporarily) a Skippy-type filter (until new pond gets built — then it will be 100% bog).

Ask a Question