Filter keeps clogging

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a submersible pump withe a cartridge filter, i open up filter its not really dirty i rinse anyway and pump runs fine...hour later water is barely trickling out???

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a submersible pump withe a cartridge filter, i open up filter its not really dirty i rinse anyway and pump runs fine...hour later water is barely trickling out???
Hello and welcome. Could you give us a little more information about your pond and especially about your pump & filter? Pictures (close ups) of the equipment would be very helpful so we can see what brand it is, etc. How big is the pond; do you have fish; is there a waterfall.....?

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4740.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have fish, pond was fine... It just seems to keep clogging up and water is clean. I even disconnected line and blew air thru line thinking pump could be clogged

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so the pump is in th pond and yu have checked that .How old is the pump and can you take the impeller out to see if it got dirty behind it

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tom paglio Thank you for the pictures. I personally know nothing about pumps & such [only the ones I use], but someone on here will be able to help you! But, have you tried to Google that filter and see if there is any trouble-shooting info out there?

How long have you had the filter, and has it worked in the past and just recently started acting up? Do you have it hooked up to a UV system? [I only ask about the UV because I saw it mentioned on the label -- no idea if that's significant or not]

What kind of pump do you have? Have there been any changes to your pond-care regimen lately?

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tom paglio Is there a model # after the "Ultraklean" wording? Or any other ID info? I'm trying to Google the filter, but there are a few and I don't know how to narrow down my search.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
where is the pump placed? is the filter capacity same as ur pond gallons?

try to lift inlet of water somewhere near surface then run it , can b mud has accumulated at the bottom of pond and it needs to b cleaned . when did u clean the pond last time?

other thing can b ur pump has shortcircuit winding , try to run pump without filter and see if it runs fine or becomes weak after some time

Ask a Question