Filter media

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
I am thinking of replacing my filter media. I currently have bags of lava rocks which are difficult to remove for rinsing and such. I was thinking of replacing it with the plastic media. Does anyone use this type? When will be the best time to change it out? My plan is to add the new media with the existing and gradually remove the existing media.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I went from lava rocks to plastic swirly media last Summer, when my pond was resized.
....water quality was good before, and it's good today, so I can't tell which of the two is best, but definitely weight wise I rather work with the plastic when it's time to clean.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use a lot of different media but primarily Spring-flo plastic strapping. Not real cheap but it lasts forever and easy to clean. I tried some of the knock-off brands and had problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I use a lot of different media but primarily Spring-flo plastic strapping. Not real cheap but it lasts forever and easy to clean. I tried some of the knock-off brands and had problems.
I wish you were closer to me, as I'd give you my Savio Living Ponds Filter. I posted it on Next Door and our local Face Book group, but no interest. I only used it for 3 months in the summer of 2016.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
I wish you were closer to me, as I'd give you my Savio Living Ponds Filter. I posted it on Next Door and our local Face Book group, but no interest. I only used it for 3 months in the summer of 2016.
How much would it be to ship it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Darn, wish I knew someone up that way :(
Let me know if you think of anyone :) I may try Craigs List, since I've had no interest from Next Door or our neighborhood Face Book page. I can always donate it, but wonder if anyone would know what it is - ha ha!

Ask a Question