FILTER PROBLEM

Reaction score
I have a jebao cf-10 pressurized uv filter.My problem is it seems to pressurize to much.The lid lifts up enough that it wont seal so it leaks.The filters are clean and the pump is good.Its been working fine for over 6 months.Any suggestions on the problem

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Is the pump pumping to much water to it and it can't handle it all

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
you might check the outlet pipping for a restriction, that would cause the pressure to build up

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, back when I first got my pond I used a Aquascape Ultrakleen (now discontinued), which is a combo pressurized uv filter much like that jebao, and the exact same problem happened to this filter as well. It happened to me because the clamp down was bent just ever so slightly causing the lid to not completely seal. I never could bend it back to how it should be. The leaking became too much and I never could make it stop leaking. I eventually threw it in the trash and went without a filter for a while, which worked fine for me due to how I was managing my pond.

I think that is a very common problem with these type of combo bio+foam pressurized uv filters.

I would completely avoid these type of combo bio+foam pressurized uv filters.

If wanting to buy a decent cheap retail combo foam+bio-filter (not pressurized), then check out the Tetra wet/dry bio-filter. You could probably replace the pad with some batting to make it a better particle filter.

Reaction score
I also had a similar experience with a pressure filter, it had a big O-ring that was tough to get to seal properly. Finally scraped it and my wife is now using the container as a pot for growing some herbs, which seems to be a much better use for it.
There are much better, and cheaper, ways to filter your pond water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If you have trouble with the O ping smear vaseline around it they should then slide on easily sealing the leak.
Does the one we are talking about Have an O ring ??? ...it must have .....
We did this meathod when usng the largest internal filters on our 6 x 2 x 2.5 tank never had a leak once and these filters are around the size of the one being talked about .....

rgrds

Dave

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Working in a retail environment, I see upwards of 5 to 10 Jebao contraptions every year, brought in by people trying to repair them. (We don't sell them.) The problems run from non-functioning transformers (even in NEW items), to really cheap plastic that crumbles and often permits water into places where it shouldn't be. After some digging, I found that repair parts ARE available........ from China, with a minimum order of one shipping crate! If anyone tries to sell or even GIVE you one of these contraptions, RUN!!! Still trying to confirm it, but I believe "Jebao" is Mandarin for "JUNK"!
John

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, that essentially happened to me. Once I realized what was wrong on mine, the manufacturer discontinued the product and no longer supplied parts for it..

Ask a Question