Filter Progress

Reaction score
Okay, found green pot srubber pads at dollar tree and cut those up, got strapping tape, furnace pads and activated carbon in a mesh bag....now we just need to be able to install the darn thing! Started raining yesterday so it looks like my new filter will be delayed till this sunday. Hope we can get it done soon!:banghead3:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You guys need the rain...
But I hope its clear on the weekend for you..

Reaction score
We totally needed the rain! I am still trying to locate some Dura Cool pads for use in the filter and it says they carry them at Home Depot but no one there is very helpful. Hey, anyone out there with a homemade filter want to let me know what they used to ensure a watertight filter? I am scared we will spring a leak!!!!!

Reaction score
I used aquarium grade silicone adhesive to "caulk" my plumbing joints that sprung any leaks, and used it around the holes when installing my drain and input line. "Locktite" was the brand name. It says right on the package that it is fish safe.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i also used aquarium ahesive on all my filters with not a leak yet. i put it on all gasket materials and surfaces..4 filters ..no leaks!!

Reaction score
Just picked some up yesterday and will be able to work on the filter soon I hope (the fates have not been kind). I did buy a new lily for the pond though (peach) and can't wait for it to replace the big ugly filter we have in the shallow end!!!!

Ask a Question