Filter Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just about finished my pond build and have had second thoughts on the filter I was going to install, the pond is about 9,500 ltrs and was thinking of installing an EasyPod Air.

If installed it would be running close to its maximum of 10,000 ltrs, would it be possible to either run an EasyPod Air and an Oase Biotec 36,000 together to get the desired effect. My other option was installing 2 EasyPod’s but only have 1 x 110mm bottom drain, could both be coupled to the bottom drain and 1 30000ltr Varipump.

I was looking at a Nexus 220 but because of the dimensions they will not fit into the space where they are to be installed, your thoughts please

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
The bottom drain is recomended for 15000 liters per hr. If you go more the fish waste will tend to disolve like in a blender. Are you installing a skimmer? That can also feed a lot of volume to the system. I like the Helix style skimmer with the floating weir. Having more filtration than required is always better as most of us tend to have to many fish (I do) others might be able to give advise on those particular filres.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have just about finished my pond build and have had second thoughts on the filter I was going to install, the pond is about 9,500 ltrs and was thinking of installing an EasyPod Air.

If installed it would be running close to its maximum of 10,000 ltrs, would it be possible to either run an EasyPod Air and an Oase Biotec 36,000 together to get the desired effect. My other option was installing 2 EasyPod’s but only have 1 x 110mm bottom drain, could both be coupled to the bottom drain and 1 30000ltr Varipump.

I was looking at a Nexus 220 but because of the dimensions they will not fit into the space where they are to be installed, your thoughts please
Hi. It’s very common for people to have multiple filters. In the perfect world you would have originally purchased a system that was rated at twice the volume of your pond. With the current system you will spend a lot of time cleaning it so it’s not a bad idea to add something else. The second one doesn’t have to be connected to the bottom drain if you can find another way to get water from your pond like skimmers, waterfalls or just a pipe bringing water up. I have a pipe in my pond going to my external pump and put a pre filter on it so I’m not catching anything I want to stay in the pond. Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your comments, what I have decided on is using 2 EasyPod’s, one to my bottom drain which will return directly to the pond and the other to my skimmer which will rerun through a waterfall and cascade filter containing biohome media.

Ask a Question