Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this oase filtral 600 all in one filter with fountian and airator on it if I take the fountian of with airator on it will it still air ate the pond in winter mo ths my first pond still learning I'm iuk

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It depends on what zone you live in. Search the forum for overwintering some great knowledge in here.

Iam in zone 7a so my winter is mild so all I have to do is just make the water have waves on the surface.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It depends on what zone you live in. Search the forum for overwintering some great knowledge in here.

Iam in zone 7a so my winter is mild so all I have to do is just make the water have waves on the surface.
I'm i0n england

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm a bit confused by your goal - are you trying to keep an opening in the ice? Or just aerate the pond? An aerator will aerate no matter what time of year it is. If it creates enough water movement (likely because you move it closer to the surface) it could also help to keep the pond from freezing over. Lots of variables though -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just airate the pond my first pond still learning I've got the oase 6000 filtrel with fountian and airator if I take the fountian and airator will it still airate the pond tia

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If it's still pumping air, it's still aerating. I'm not familiar with this particular unit though, but I am confused how you can both filter and aerate on the same unit. Is there an air pump going to the unit? Or is it "aerating" by just stirring up the water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it's still pumping air, it's still aerating. I'm not familiar with this particular unit though, but I am confused how you can both filter and aerate on the same unit. Is there an air pump going to the unit? Or is it "aerating" by just stirring up the water?
It just moving Warter around

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
agitating the surface removes co2 and adds o2

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Then I'm sure it will continue to do the same without the filter attached. To be clear, there's no aerator on this unit. It's a fountain feature with some built in filtration. An aerator has an air pump and pushes air through an airstone or membrane of some type. You're just pumping water.

How big is your pond?

Ask a Question