Filtral 3000 pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have a raised pond on my patio for about 3 years now. It's only 6 ft by 3 foot approx, maybe 2.5 ft deep. Only 3 fish in there atm.

It's got an all in one Oase Filtral 3000 filter with fountain on there which has stopped working after I turned it off for some pond maintenance at the weekend. In the past, it has stopped but restarted itself after a day or so. I have opened it up and cleaned out the inside, checked the external of the impeller etc, no debris as far as I can see. I've belatedly changed the UV bulb etc. The water is rapidly turning green (tbh it's never been all that great before) with surface debris etc as it gets full sun and the pump hasn't been functioning for a few days now . What are my options please? I've checked the electricity supply in the shed and it's fine.. I really do not want to rip up the patio to install new filter etc. I've attached a photo.
Thanks for any help, as you can tell I'm a novice at this.

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_193432.jpg
    IMG_20190424_193432.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 124
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @EssexPond ! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. It's curious to me that this pump routinely stops working and then randomly starts again. Sounds like an electrical problem or a short of some kind. You say you don't want to rip up the patio - is that the only way to get to the pump?

Ask a Question