sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They do not a really good filter also .I have 2 filters ,one at each end of my pond .I also have an aerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did a calculator thing on google and it said my pond was 700gals. How big do you think it is?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used a pond calculater if it is 10 ft round by 4 feet deep it says over 2000 gallons On the pond warehouse sight .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What filtration will i need for this pond? I must have calculated it wrong by mistake

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can build your own .I used 2 tank adapters
100_8589.JPG
100_6250.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A ten foot round pond that's 4 feet deep is over 2000 gallons. Are you sure about your measurements? Is it 10 feet ACROSS? Or ten feet AROUND?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just measured it and it is 7ft across and 6ft the other way by 4ft deep.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
1260 gallons by 3 different calculators pond water volumn sights

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they get huge mine are over 2 feet long and I do not feed them much and no growth food either

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Is my pond big enough for koi then?

Well, probably not. I mean a 10 inch koi is one story - what happens when it's a 24 inch fish? With enough filtration anything is possible, but to be fair to koi they really need more space. If you have the ability to expand, I say go of sit! Bigger is better, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
welcome , sad to hear about fish loss . i was thinking before u can upgrade and have budget space . ur pond is more deep then wide .. like a box , it shud b more like a bowl or plate to give bigger space for fish to swim , u can easily increase its surface area for there swimming by reducing depth to 24inch , if u have extreme cold then 30inch , that way u will have more liner for the width and length it wil increase more surface area for gas exchange and sun light , more algae food , more oxygen , more space for swimming bigger viewing area , improved visibility till bottom , more bacteria as they grow more near surface , if ur pond was 12ft wide then 4ft depth wud b proportional .

other thing u can do is add additional bog or filter as sisy suggested a place fr additional water and filter media which will keep water quality good , have strong pump with aerator and have strong current then u can increase more fishes easily .

if ur pond is around 1000 then have atleast 2000g/h pump , more is better u can use it when u upgrade ur pond .

i think ucan easily have 3 to 5 koi with goldfishes as they will not grow 24 inch in a year , if u hv fry they will only reach 8to14inch 1st year then next year 3to 5inches and so on , they will reach 24inch in 2 to 4 years , it also depends on quality and quantity of food , if some one is overfeeding them , they may grow faster and also in gene if jumbo koi or females will grow faster larger . butterfly koi grow sloww and they dont become very huge often . untill then uil upgrade pond .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ordered a 3000g pump and am planning on using one of them tubs to fill with filter media. I will upgrade the pond as the koi get bigger. Is there any other ways to protect koi from predators as the net makes my pond look abit ugly

Ask a Question