Fin Color Change

Reaction score
Koi colors can change a lot. I have fish that i bought as a tancho (red spot on head), only to watch is fade or leave entirely in a few years. Red is one of the most unstable colors, and often leaves a fish. But it is also a color that lurks under the skin, and can pop up too.

There is nothing wrong with you fish. Enjoy the new color!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
DJJ you have the same initials as me.:lol:
Welcome to the forum, please add your location using the UserCP at the top of the page.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
DJJ,

Welcome to the forum. My shubunkins have a variety of distinctive calico coloring like koi, and the colors and paterns change as they mature and grow. I have a large female shubunkin that had a bright orange spot on her back with two black dots in it that looked like a figure eight. Since last fall, that has now changed to just a large bright orange spot without the two black dots. So when I sit and watch my shubunkins, I like to pay attention to what colors and shapes that may have changed as time goes on.

Happy ponding,

Rich :faint::goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

DJJ

Reaction score
Hi Rich, Appreciate the info. My concern was not only did the fin abruptly change from yellow to red, she [I guess it's a girl] lost partial use of it. She is now moving it a little and eating...Cheers. Doug

Ask a Question