Fin Nipping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fish people, does anyone have an answer to fin nipping. My beautiful Black Moor Luther has lovely floaty fins which are way to tempting to one of his tank mates, a smaller red cap fancy goldfish Flash. Flash is now in segregation in a small tank but every time i try and re introduce him to the big tank within a day hes nipping again! Any ideas people, my tank is 110 Litres and has 3 fancies, thank you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep thats what i gathered! Thanks guys, was hoping for a miracle cure, never mind

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Trouble is hes in a little tank as i dont really have room for another set up.

hes a red cap about 1.5 inches, would anyone know if he would survive in my pond outside?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well that's the thing, red cap oranda get big given space with clean water and good food. They really need at the very least 20 gallons per fish if not more once they are full grown.

They would be fine in a pond where the weather is mild. I'm not so sure they will do well somewhere that it gets very cold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think that might be the answer then, put him in my pond n see how he does. Either that or take him back to the pet shop. Poor things looking sad in his little tank. Thanks for ur advice

Ask a Question