Fin wound

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there, i’ve noticed one of my koi have wound on the fin.idon't have any idea what was the cause.it can still swim and eat..the only problem is it can not move the wounded fin..im wondering if this will get worse..and no clue how to treat the wound..hopefully it will not affect the other koi in the pond..Need your expertise and inputs.we just inherited the pond when we bought the house..and we’ve been here 2 months now...thanks..
DD9FB257-B38F-4030-A28F-AE059AE6291E.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I can't tell too much from this picture. I assume you're talking about the right fin? it could just be the picture, but it appears to have some pink on the lower portion of the fin, which is a sign of infection. Any chance of a better picture?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't tell too much from this picture. I assume you're talking about the right fin? it could just be the picture, but it appears to have some pink on the lower portion of the fin, which is a sign of infection. Any chance of a better picture?
Yes..its the right fin..any suggestion how to treat it if incase an infection.?..here is another snap shot..hope better view..thanks..

Attachments

• D92A587B-1680-4292-A7A4-FE00DDAC961B.jpeg
    D92A587B-1680-4292-A7A4-FE00DDAC961B.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 289
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Are you able to check the underside of this fish, to see if there are any ulcers developing? I can only say what I'd do if it were my fish. I don't own a microscope, so would probably put the fish in a smaller tank, with very good water and aeration and treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment.

Lots of times good clean water with allow a fish to heal itself. Have you tested your pond water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Using the API Master Test kit, the kid with drops verses strips, will tell you the values for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply..im on the process of buying a kit..hopefully that will eliminate the problem..will update this post what will be the result..

Ask a Question