Finally doing it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looking great! I like the time capsule idea.
I'm a bit jealous...
I want to get out to my pond and start my bog build. I need materials from Lowe's and I'm afraid to go out due to the coronavirus.
The PA Governor put out strict stay at home rules. I guess I'll have to wait...
Damn Chinese Communist government! The world better not give them a pass for this abomination.
I'm lucky that I'm retired and my pensions are still coming in....for now!
I feel for all the laid off workers, although I had plenty of lay-offs and furloughs during my long career. Months and months on end. I did my share. I know what that's like.
Hope this ends soon. Sorry for the rant....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Going to be a good size pond looking good. More ambitious then i i agree with poconojoe a rental is in my future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The biggest part was done, I just had to fine tune it today. By Sunday, I hope to have the liner in, and maybe start filling. My birthday is mid month, I hope to have it done. Then comes the year of no fish, or no goldfish at least. I might throw some guppies in for bug control, if the frogs don’t move in. I figured a year, with pouring used tank water in, Will cycle the bacteria, get some good algae growth, and get plants well established. The fish eaters will see it’s got little of interest, and I can work on security to keep them out during that time. Kingfisher, heron, raccoon, occasionally eagles, and who knows what else could make this pond their buffet if I don’t take precautions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Slight change of plans, ago worker had a slightly smaller pool with pin prick holes, so I loaded it in my trunk, and hauled it home. It is now the sub liner. We then attempted to move the big liner, and found snakes! Two little gartersnakes, two big ones, and a black snake. All were carefully removed, with only the darker of the big garter snakes musking, and that I presume was because it had mud over it's eyes I wiped off. So now we let it sit spread out for any other critters to flee. The guys went right back to their x boxes, but I'll sneak out in a bit to flip it and see about shifting it around to how I want it. There is one spot thathas a hole, which I want placed where it shouldn't cause a leak.
And, my plotting of my bog garden continues. Iris, and mint I have, along with a few other semi aquatic plants, then I'll be adding in some fruit and veggie plants. I'm also Thu king I'll jumpstart the cycle by adding in used aquarium water. And once it is full, which I'll be doing over a few days to give me time to work the liner around in water less than icy, I may toss in a few guppy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The mice out holes in the one I was going to use as a liner. The big one, which used to be my pool. So I got upset and decided to wall away for now. Dad is talking about fiberglass, I'm thinking I'll try patching it, hubby says we can get a real liner next year... All options require waiting, and I want a pond sooner rather than later. Fiberglass would last a long time, but requires time and money that we just don't have to spare. Right now, my income isbuying groceries and paying bills, dads covers propane and groceries. Prices on a lot of foodstuffs went way high here. The pond is a want, not a need, but I'm frustrated. I can't help but wonder of we had gotten thepond done when I had wanted, maybe I wouldn't have mouse holes. So now ive got to find the best glue for pool liner patches. I can take pieces of the liner from the sub liner to use as patches. And if I do get a real liner later, I'll just drain the pond and put it in on top.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My phone took a bath and never recovered, this POS temp piece is just to let me get online, it has no memory card, so no pictures.
My hubby's phones (notice phones) took hot tub baths more than once, he now has a water proof one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've gone through several. It had all my contact's, pictures, and saved info on it that I thought I might need later. Which reminds me, what is the glue you recommend for seams and patches? I had a picture of it from where you had posted it, it came in a caulking tube, but I can't find that comment on here. I wanted to look up if it will work well with my liner.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I broke down and looked at actual liners. Storm is moving in and internet isn't great, so couldn't calculate actual cost. But, I see I need to do a bit more reading here as to which liner is best. The pool is vinal, which apparently isn't mouse proof, so I'm thinking if I get a good tax return, I may go for one. Epdm is looking good, but I need to research more. And, as I don't have a ton of rock to hide the liner, that will be a consideration.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And, as I don't have a ton of rock to hide the liner, that will be a consideration.
Do you mean the edge? @JamieB a very shallow shelf with rocks placed on it then on the land hides the edge real well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my liner had to be replaced the first time do to moles .I put down lots of milky spore after and play sand because of grubs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Milky spore? I'm guessing a fungus that kills them? When I see them, I toss them to the bird's. Cats and pups occasionally carry one off to play with.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All I know is moles eat grubs and they are finally going away .I hate tripping on the soft mounds moles make and the damage to the grass roots and everything else

Ask a Question