Finally found the place to introduce myself

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hi all, Well I'm almost finished my pond ( I'm guessing they're never truly finished, am I right? ) Anyway for to the point to start shooting back and admiring it just in time to find this forum.. I've been hanging around and chiming in a little and someone suggested I introduce myself so here I am! I'm in Ontario.... The Canadian one not the sunny warm California one.. lol.. in Barrie to be precise which is just about an hour north of Toronto I've been trying to get a pond built over the last 30 or so years.. 4 houses and two marriages later...I finally have my dream... I have uploaded a couple of pics so I know how to do that.. going to try a video just a short 30 seconds or so but if the site won't take it I'm not likely to do the YouTube thing... My baby is 14 ft x 7ft by about 1.5-2 feet deep. Kidney shaped but shade is like a cave because of two large trees over it... It's the only place I could fit it. I still have to figure out what to put in for marginals and more for the gravel bog below the waterfall... The waterfall was just a temporary placement of rocks to get an idea of what I wanted to do and how well it would work hiding the filter and all but I feel in love with the water flow and now am afraid to take it apart to make it more permanent with the pond and waterfall foam to stop the tiny leaks that are happening from the backwash of some of the rocks going out of the pond. That's next on the to do list I guess.. The skimmer is made from a 5 gal bucket. One of the pumps (1250gph ) is located in bottom of skimmer sending the water up to the filter which is the garbage can type feeds on there top.. goes down PVC to bottom vortex type arrangement at the bottom and fikters upward to flow out the top creating the waterfall.. drops to bog garden and flows back to the pond all nice and sparkly like... Here goes nothing with three pics and video ....

Attachments

• D65665C2-5C34-4231-A04C-16AFFF5D7D0B.jpeg
    D65665C2-5C34-4231-A04C-16AFFF5D7D0B.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 330
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome; looks like a nice setup. Any pics under better light?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@shawninrirmity
I tried up loading a 34sec video and it said too big.. does anyone know what length of video you can upload... I saw someone say about upload to YouTube and put link but I don't really want to give YouTube access to my camera... Call me old fashioned lol...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@shawninrirmity
I tried up loading a 34sec video and it said too big.. does anyone know what length of video you can upload... I saw someone say about upload to YouTube and put link but I don't really want to give YouTube access to my camera... Call me old fashioned lol...

I use youtube to share videos on this site and my goldfish forum, don't really know of a better option these days. I don't think 34 seconds would be too long as other people have posted videos that were several minutes long.

Ask a Question