Finally getting to enjoy my Koi in the Winter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well after my first year and a half of Koi ponding was a complete disaster.....I am finally enjoying a Winter with watching my my eight Koi going from day to day life in the ever changing weather here in West Tennessee.....this last weekend the high was 30......they were hovering.....since then the temperature has been rising and today it’s 55.....today they are scouring every inch of the pond for alge.....by the weekend the high is supposed to be 25.....so they will go into hover mode again.....I turn everything off every couple of days to check them out.....they have no blemishes.....but what amazes me is they have not seemed to lose any body mass.....I am sure they have loss some but I can’t see it...... but as always my new Mantra is “LESS IS BETTER “......it works....Jimmy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds great, Jimmy! They are amazing fish. And, you are taking very good care of them. I see what you mean, the weather shows an Arctic blast is on they way. Hang on!
Stephen

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Temperatures have been really crazy and koi get lazy in the winter but sure do fatten up .They clean the house they live in to bare bones

Ask a Question