Finally, here's a picture of my little pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I finally managed to upload a picture of my little pond. I have 5 koi in it and now realize that the pet store employee gave me some poor advice! They are outgrowing this pond quickly! I guess I will have to make a larger one because I am very attached to those guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 368

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
OH boy a new pond to watch being built! When ya hittin the shovel, lol? You have your work cut out for you but you won't regret it in the end. Go as big and deep as you can Chris cuz your koi will love ya for it!

Your cute little one is nice and you could keep that and put a few nice shubbies or goldies in it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wait you are in Florida so you could put tropical's in that neat little pond!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wow I didn't catch that ididn't do it. Looked like it was between a fiberglass fence but I guess it's indoors isn't it. Looking out that window shows they have tons of room for a lake sized pond...............yippee.............I'm ready for them to start digging!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice pond, you could build another one and link the two with a little stream! Is that a screen room or glass? Looks nice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for checking out my first attempt at a pond. I have it in an screened in enclosure off the back of the house. I live on a golf course and am limited to what I can and can't build in the backyard since our property borders the course. I would love to build a huge pond with boulders and lush landscaping. It really is true what everyone says about always wanting to go bigger once you start! I will have to do some demolition to some of the patio to go bigger but I think it's going to be worth it. Also, it makes sense to keep in screened in because of all of the herons and cranes we have roaming around!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Would love to have a screened in place for a pond here. We could do it but hubby looked at me like I was nuts when I showed him one someone on here built for their turtle's and fish so I guess that's out the door unless I try to tackle it myself and he comes to help rescue the situation. It's quite the trick I've learned over the years :rolleyes:

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Oh, it is screen! As close as the course looks, your probably glad its not glass. A golfer like me would come along and have to buy you a new pane of glass every few weeks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would love to have a screened in place for a pond here. We could do it but hubby looked at me like I was nuts when I showed him one someone on here built for their turtle's and fish so I guess that's out the door unless I try to tackle it myself and he comes to help rescue the situation. It's quite the trick I've learned over the years :rolleyes:
Laughing jw............ummm yep same here!

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for checking out my first attempt at a pond. I have it in an screened in enclosure off the back of the house. I live on a golf course and am limited to what I can and can't build in the backyard since our property borders the course. I would love to build a huge pond with boulders and lush landscaping. It really is true what everyone says about always wanting to go bigger once you start! I will have to do some demolition to some of the patio to go bigger but I think it's going to be worth it. Also, it makes sense to keep in screened in because of all of the herons and cranes we have roaming around!

Ha, you won't even miss that patio once you have a bigger pond. :razz: I do like your little one, too. Maybe you can connect it to the bigger one. We'll all help you design and build it virtually. :D

Ask a Question