Fire pit next to pond

Reaction score
Ok,
So maybe I'm over thinking this but I have yet to find something on it and I thought this might be the right place. I have a pond that is about 12'x12' x3.5' deep. it has a thick rubber liner and I had an upper 8'x8" x2" circle that I'm doing away with because of constant issues. So my idea was to make it a fire pit area. the question I have is this... where is too close? I'm obviously going to put a nice wall between the pond and the fire pit but would heat be a major issue? E.I the water heating up or the rubber liner melting? I think the combo of the 2' of soil between and the rock wall protecting the liner it wouldn't even feel a the heat, but I just want to ask for my own peace of mind... I have seen fire pits right next to ponds but no one talks about the issues that could happen.

Thanx

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if the firepit is above ground it should not be much of a worry except for maybe smoke .My septic tank is only a couple of feet from the pond and provides heat

Reaction score
if the firepit is above ground it should not be much of a worry except for maybe smoke .My septic tank is only a couple of feet from the pond and provides heat

Well mine will be slightly below ground, and by slightly I am thinking 6", I wish I had some pics I know that would have helped a great deal more.

we are putting in a chimney clay fire pit so I doubt smoke will be much of an issue.... I'm more worried about the heat alone. but I would imagine I would have to have a really hot fire for 12+ hours to really heat up the pond.

Ask a Question