First appearance

Reaction score
My sweet husband knows I love ponds and the plants that go with them so he is DIGGING a 15x20 hole for me to populate. Problem-it snowed 12 inches last night so I've now fallen in the plumbing trenches twice. I'm looking around trying to see if the ponding business is more forgiving than I think. I presently have three running ponds, and it always seems I have to do some type of upgrade or improvement to them. But this it is ok unless its really nutty. My husband is great at helping me move stuff. Where we live there are no places to buy anything, it must all come after a long drive or a day on the net. But its a fascintaing hobby.
I met a fellow last year who raises plants and sells them. He provided me with some really easy hints for things. Within 2 days my pond that was turning green was clear as can be, I use no chemicals, and I have the most beautiful plants you've ever seen. ( He also told me I had to get rid of my catfish that I had raised for 4 years if I wanted plants. The catfish in now somewhere in the Arkansas River.)
Looking for to learning from everyone.

Reaction score
His mantra was - no chemicals, no uv lights (which he equated with nuking the water), and LOTS of plants. Yes he sells plants but he knows his stuff and it worked. Where I live it gets to over 100 degrees a good portion of the summer (yep, in Colorado). I told him what I had, he sent me what he thought would work for my specific size and fish and bingo - it worked. Take a look at his website. http://www.waterplantsnews.com/index.htm

Ask a Question