First home, and first pond!

CMR

Reaction score
Hi :beerchug:

I'm new here... We just bought a house back in July last year. Many renovations occured inside the house (desperately needed renovations!). Now that spring is here, I get to finally play with the pond that came with the house (to be specific, it's on the west side of the house). I'm guessing either the previous owners, or the ones before them put the pond in. The people before us apparently did not do much with it (and I have a feeling they were the ones who installed it). There is no pump, no filter. Just some rocks around the edge holding the liner in place. There is a spot that looked like it used to have a filter or pump, but it definitely has not been used in quite awhile. So basically, they dug out the pond area, put the liner in, and filled it with water. We're not doing that.

I do have past fishkeeping experience, and I would love to have a couple fish in the pond, along with some plants. I realize that there will be work to be done before that can happen, which is why I am here to get help when I need it :D

I'm looking forward to reading on here, and maybe even eventually helping out a little!
-Crystal

Reaction score
welcome aboard!

We look forward to hearing more about your thoughts for filtration and let us see pics of the pond. What can you tell us about it's size, etc.

CMR

Reaction score
Thanks!
As soon as I get my post count up, I'll put up pictures (I guess I should take more recent ones, the only ones I have are from before we bought the house).
We believe the pond to be about 300 gallons (bf used to do estimating type work for a living), but we will have a much more accurate idea once we fill it up (just emptied it to get rid of the leaves and crap that fell in with the snow melting).

CMR

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

We're getting really close to getting the pond up and running now. I think we need a little more hose than what came with the system we bought of a guy locally (he made himself a bigger pond). And then we need to get the filter in place and waterfall set up and we're good to go!

I'm super excited! And this forum seems like such a great place, lots of information and friendly people.

Ask a Question