First Lilly of the season and a few of the fish

Reaction score
This weather has really messed with my pond this year. It started to freeze so I drained the filters and shut them down, then the temp went back up to near 40 and never got cold again. Wound up starting the filters going after about 1 1/2 months of waiting for it to get cold. Water was real green, so I bought a new Uv bulb and cleared it in a few days. Spiked into the 80's a few weeks ago now its been hovering in the 50's. I don't think the bacteria has had a chance to take a good hold in the filters, because all the water parameters are elevated somewhat. I need to get a polarizing filter for my zoom lens. I have one for my standard lens but I wanted to play with the macro setting

036-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

039-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! Great fish, nice lily. I like using a polarizer, it gets rid of the glare, sometimes even cover the camera lens with a pair of sun glasses.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Great closeups,pretty fish and lily blooms! You shoulda put one of the fish faces in the photo of the month contest here but too late now!

Ask a Question