First lily bud ever! So excited.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I was out checking on the pond the other day and noticed the lilies have been sending up a lot of pads recently. While I was admiring them I noticed a bud rising up from one of my new lilies (I think it’s a Sioux?) and I’m so excited to see it bloom!

7876A416-4535-460D-B5A3-C971EECD1CE3.jpeg
5D66DA56-4900-4DC1-8443-FBBD0416D07F.jpeg
563DC01C-4005-4205-A851-16AE07803401.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
I was out checking on the pond the other day and noticed the lilies have been sending up a lot of pads recently. While I was admiring them I noticed a bud rising up from one of my new lilies (I think it’s a Sioux?) and I’m so excited to see it bloom!

View attachment 112241 View attachment 112242 View attachment 112244
Exciting. I have two small lily pad plants I bought. Will they multiply do you know or will I need more plants to get a nice layer of coverage on the surface?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Exciting. I have two small lily pad plants I bought. Will they multiply do you know or will I need more plants to get a nice layer of coverage on the surface?

I have three on each side of the pond (six total) but there are only two on each side that are sending up a good amount of pads and only one (out of four) has a bud so far. However, since I re-planted them in half kitty litter and half aquatic planting media with fertilizer spikes and the water temps have been nice and warm they've been looking a lot better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
One of my lilies just shoots up pads at a rate of 3 or 4 every few days. I have trim it to keep it from taking over my small pond. The other is a dwarf and supposedly hardy. I have been trying to get the fool thing to grow since it arrived via mail. No blooms from Goliath or Tiny Tim yet of course. Our weather has been hot and cold up and down.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Our weather has been HOT and the water temps have been consistently in the 80's for at least a month. This is the first year I've planted the lilies in kitty litter and I added a second fertilizer spike as well so I'm sure they're loving the extra nutrients.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I've got one in litter, the other two are in coconut fiber baskets. The ones in the fiber seem to be doing better than the one in litter. Of course the ones in the fiber have put out roots into the pond, where the one in the litter hasn't yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I still get excited at the first bloom. This year has been slow just a couple at a time and only my yellow are blooming. I am waiting for my Sioux to bloom for the first time. But conditions are getting better my lotus had the first bloom of the season open Friday and the second one opened today number three should be tomorrow. The lilies should start to flourish the have more pads than any year in the past. There is still plenty of blooming season left good luck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 151
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They will multiply I divide mine every other year sometimes every year when they go crazy. Other than my Sioux and an attraction mine are all cutting from plants I planted over twenty years ago

Ask a Question