First serious sized pond

Reaction score
Hi im new here, im in the process of building an 8ft by 6ft by 4ft deep raised pond. Does anyone have some good tips on where to buy the liner and what type/thickness i should use? the plan is to use 16 railway sleepers on a concrete base and dig in 1 ft approx below ground level, ill add some play pit sand below aswell.

I figured this build would hold 1196 gallons or 5382 litres... not sure what brand of filter is best either..

Thanks in advance for any help

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
DIY brand filters rock... look in the DIY section...iondustry standard is 45 mil epdm liners. many online places to buy justliners is one of the best...ebay is a good source too!

Reaction score
like Koikeepr says "Just be sure it is not thinner than 45 mil. " for a 8ft by 6ft by 4ft deep raised pond you would need a liner that is 18x16. they don't make sizes like that so i would go with a 20x15ft liner. or if you could build a pond that is 8x8x4 a 20x20 liner would be great.

This would be great but you may want to shop around on the price.

Ask a Question