7A
Country
United States

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Since this is my first successful winter with Koi.....nine Koi in 3000 gallons.....but I am amazed at the fact they seemed not to lose any bulk.....in fact some of the smaller ones seemed to have grown some.... but maybe that’s just me. I know part of it if you notice my waterfall there is string algae and zero in the pond.....we have had four days of temperature in the 60’s and yesterday was 72...... but they are going to be disappointed high Friday is 37.....and if you notice my Lilies are sprouting up to.....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm glad your fish are doing good!
My ponds are still half frozen! In one pond I can see the fish are all at the bottom, active but slow, I'm a bit worried about the 4 koi in the new pond, one of them keeps swimming towards the top, I can see it under the ice, it could be a sign of illness....I hope not!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Happy to hear all is well :) Hubby was draining some water off the pond cover today and saw one of my 4 koi......it's hard to see them with the pond covered.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
3 months?
That's a long wait!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congrats its still very much winter time here so I am still hoping all ends well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great job and bet they cleaned the whole pond up .Love the green on your waterfall area as it helps clean the water more of fish waste .People always want to get rid of it and have nice clean water because of it and then get yucky water when they clean it .Then they wonder what happened

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We really have not had much Winter........ but what we lack in cold weather, we have made up for it in rain.....we are drowning here in Tennessee
Here too in Cincinnati ! We undergo yet another section of basement waterproofing this week - ugh !

Ask a Question