First time fish pond builder, need advice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well we know he is in Afghanistan and perhaps either working in some way for the military or as a contractor or both. Intelligence maybe because obviously "hm" is some sort of code. Well maybe he has a pond and is having problems with it. He can't release too much information or it will create a security problem. He probably doesn't have a nearby pet store to sell him products and probably Amazon doesn't deliver there. My guess is sick fish or too much algae, or of course a leaky liner. What advice can we give him? :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I saw the post before it was edited it to the present hm.
The poster said he was excavating a wetland and going to fill the new pond with trout and bass.

I left it alone because I thought it was going to be a troll or spam post....

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I saw the post before it was edited it to the present hm.
The poster said he was excavating a wetland and going to fill the new pond with trout and bass.

I left it alone because I thought it was going to be a troll or spam post....

Yikes!
The OP must have decided not to make this project public at the last minute. Probably a wise decision. In the U.S.. Wetlands are off-limits to any kind of construction or alteration.....Federal offense.whether on Public or Private land if done without proper permitting.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Ditto the removal of water from natural watercourses for the purpose of filling new ponds. Removal of water from natural watercourses requires a permit, in most instances.

Ask a Question