Fish and Frogs

Reaction score
Not sure what species of frog it is but what a cool video and what an inquisitive frog!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat video. If that was here I would say it is toad like, real bumpy skin. But where you are no clue.........
It totally ignored the other frog, sure liked your camera!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Really cool video, but no ideas about the frog/toad. But it looks like he really wants to interact with the camera!

Have you done any research of frogs/toads for your area? That might give some clues [it looks like it has a distinctive black stripe running laterally on its side......].

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Without being able to see all of the body markings and shape almost impossible to tell. I will agree with Addy1 that it appears to be some specie of toad. That is based on the fact that it is more or less walking. Toads move like this underwater whereas true frogs swim.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok I'll try again. Nope no luck! I see squares of pix along the bottom but no video.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Face looks like some kind of toad, body looks like some kind of toad, but I don't know frog and toad species of Austria.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok yay, I used another computer and finally saw it and nice frog and neat video!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm going to say that's a frog. I looked up underwater frogs in Austria, and came up with several that look very similar to your curious bugger! I guess part of my reason is I didn't think toads swam underwater for extended periods of time, so that's swaying me toward it being a frog, too. When I see toads, I see them on the surface or edge of water, not underwater for long periods of time. That video is really great, though! Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking it's a Toad as well, and i've looked at a few websites, but i haven't been able to narrow it down... it seems Austria has a lot of Toad/Frog species.

@John O... yep, the toads showed up on their own. The deck next to the pond extends out over the water, but the orginial stoney shoreline is still underneath it, so the toads have a perfect place to hide. I was sat on the deck for a while yesterday, and the Toads were crocking away alomost the whole time. There's 3 at the moment. The fish ignore them completely.

I'll try and make some more videos.

cheers,

Andy.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are done croaking, they all hopped away to wherever they live when not making babies..... the toads that is, the frogs are getting ready to start.

Ask a Question