Fish are weird!

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
When i went out to the pond the other day, the fish in the larger pond would not come up to visit which is highly unusual as they are all pigs and view me as a glorified waitress. I immediately thought heron attack but the fish in the small pond which is an easier target were fine. The only change i had made was adding a floating planter to the big pond so I removed it and now they are back to normal. Crazy how that one thing freaked everybody out. It did make me feel bad that it scared them so much.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
All animals are sensitive to their environments, some more-so than others. Any marked change will trigger the flight-response in fish.
Anyone that has ever owned a cat is very familiar with this sensitivity in animals. The addition, or removal, of anything or even the re-arranging of items will trigger a cat's curiosity and this change must be investigated to determine whether this change is friend or foe.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
All animals are sensitive to their environments, some more-so than others. Any marked change will trigger the flight-response in fish.
Anyone that has ever owned a cat is very familiar with this sensitivity in animals. The addition, or removal, of anything or even the re-arranging of items will trigger a cat's curiosity and this change must be investigated to determine whether this change is friend or foe.
I recognize a similar resistance to change in myself, as the years go by. ;)

Ask a Question