Fish dying :o(

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to forums but I am desperately seeking help. I have a pond roughly 10,000 liters last night my beloved sturgeon died and today my other sturgeon has died and my koi are not looking very healthy - most are just lay motionless. I am sorry but I really do not know what information will help but I will start with the filter, pump etc. The pond has a Biotec 10.1 Filter with Bitron 24w ultra-violet unit and an Aquamax Eco 8500 Pump. I also run a fountain from a Blagdon 1500 pump during most days. Last year I had hundreds of pounds worth of koi die in exactly the same way they are dying now. I have checked the water quality which is fine, I have two big air stones and two waterfalls. (I have attached pics). View attachment 2627. The fish have no spots blemishes etc they look perfect even the dead ones. I do have bark mulch in the garden although we didn't last year when apart from 3 goldfish my entire pond stock died within 3 days the same way things are happening today. Just over a week ago I added cloverleaf Blanket Answer, although this was not added last year. I would be grateful if anyone can help give me any ideas to try and find an answer to my pond problem and help my fish. I can only apologize if I come across as not knowing alot but I do however love my fish.
Thank you very much for your time. :fish:

Attachments

• Pond 003.jpg
    Pond 003.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 358
  • Pond 008.jpg
    Pond 008.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 352

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Start with a 25% water change. Repeat this again in a week. Clean the pond bottom. Watch the pond vitals, nitrite and nitrate levels.

Reaction score
Thank you, I have cleaned the bottom of the pond and done a part water change. I went out today and bought a new water testing kit as my other was around 2 years old so I was unsure how accurate it would be, I have tested the water today and the levels are as follows:
PH - 7.5
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0.1
Nitrate - between 5 and 10
Thank you

Ask a Question