sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What is your air thing a tube or a stone .Seems to really give off a lot of air .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I didn't feed for them for a few weeks. Threw a few sticks of wheatgerm in to see would they eat. They seem happy enough to be eating it even at that temperature.

Not surprising, especially for Goldfish. That 6C temperature IS water temperature, right?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
My pond is now 10C (50F) cause of the heater. The fish are eating once a day but I feed them every other day cold weather food. The weather has been not bad this winter so far... I'm waiting to see my electric bill before I decide to remove the heater to put back my thermocube to control the electrical spending on heating.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My pond is now 10C (50F) cause of the heater. The fish are eating once a day but I feed them every other day cold weather food. The weather has been not bad this winter so far... I'm waiting to see my electric bill before I decide to remove the heater to put back my thermocube to control the electrical spending on heating.

Would like to buy a heater myself but never got around to it. I use an old kettle and boiled some pond water once it reaches under 6C. 7-8 boils i can get it back to around 7C. Better than nothing i guess.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Ditch the heater and boiling water, provide good gas exchange. Your fish will be fine.
My goldfish do fine for 6 months under ice cover at 0.5C.
Feed them if you have open water, if you like.
My fish don't get fed.

Ask a Question