Fish eggs laid on leafs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They are fish eggs arnt they mate my first pond all over plant baskets
Hi. There is no reason to do anything about the eggs on the leaves. Part of the process of having a pond is you are witnessing ”nature” in action. If there are too many eggs and babies then they will get eaten by other fish. If there are a few babies and they can hide than they will populate your pond. As you get more fish the number of babies will get cut down. I would just leave it alone. If you have a big baby influx that means next year you will have hardly any because there will be more fish eating eggs and fry. Somehow nature finds a balance and the only thing we do typically is mess it up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hi. There is no reason to do anything about the eggs on the leaves. Part of the process of having a pond is you are witnessing ”nature” in action. If there are too many eggs and babies then they will get eaten by other fish. If there are a few babies and they can hide than they will populate your pond. As you get more fish the number of babies will get cut down. I would just leave it alone. If you have a big baby influx that means next year you will have hardly any because there will be more fish eating eggs and fry. Somehow nature finds a balance and the only thing we do typically is mess it up!
This has been true in my front yard pond. I never have more than 20 fish. Right now I am down to 11 and I've just noticed a few small babies, trying to get the number back up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been true in my front yard pond. I never have more than 20 fish. Right now I am down to 11 and I've just noticed a few small babies, trying to get the number back up!

Attachments

• IMG_20220625_144235.jpg
    IMG_20220625_144235.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• IMG_20220625_144235.jpg
    IMG_20220625_144235.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah, they appear to be eggs from your fish. It's not possible to tell which particular ones.

Just leave them alone and let nature take it's course.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My vote would br dragon fly koi are usualy in clusters

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes isn‘t it funny how the fish population gets to a proper equilibrium on its own? At one time when I had my old pond which was about 300 gallons I decided 7 goldfish was the proper number of fish for it. That summer they had 15 babies. The next year about 10 more and within 3 years they were up to about 50! Still have the same number of goldfish 10 years later and with a 3000 gallons larger pond!

Ask a Question