Fish enjoy bubbles and waterfall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody else’s fish enjoy sitting under the waterfall of a ponds filter box ? it must act like a kind of Jacuzzi , one goldfish in particular seems to stay there for a long time just under the surface of the water and I wondered if anybody else’s fish does this ? I appreciate any response.
1DCE5151-DA1D-4BCB-B141-8A60BA7CD7DA.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Mine like messing around in the current at the base of the waterfall! I've also noticed that during spawning time, a female or two will find a quiet area back behind the fast water and will hide out from the annoying and persistent males!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My koi seem to have a ritual every evening, they play under the spill and over the aerator, letting the current carry them away multiple times, then they take off schooling the length of the pond, comeback to the bubbles for a bit and keep doing this over and over ...it's fun to watch

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
:mad:...that's what makes us MALES!
I loved the "chase" when my husband pursued me - but thank God it didn't involve the level of exercise the lady fish have to do. All that swimming / running away seems exhausting! Our human courtship mostly involved chips and salsa and a few movie nights - very low physical effort. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
My koi seem to have a ritual every evening, they play under the spill and over the aerator, letting the current carry them away multiple times, then they take off schooling the length of the pond, comeback to the bubbles for a bit and keep doing this over and over ...it's fun to watch
Mine do that too! It is so fun to watch! It's like they are body surfing!

Ask a Question