Fish Food Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been feeding Tetra Pond Floating Sticks but they're gotten so expensive. I need floating food because it's a farm pond. Does anybody have any suggestions for other floating food. Do pellets really float. Getting low on food and need to find something within the next month. thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I’ve used Blackwater and Blue Ridge, either from Amazon or Chewy, with good results. None of the good foods are cheap though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve used Blackwater and Blue Ridge, either from Amazon or Chewy, with good results. None of the good foods are cheap though.
Thank you. I'll check them out. Not looking for cheap - just a little less expensive than Tetra Pond (if you can find it)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know for sure but tetra sticks are high on my list of quality food and in a farm pond id strive for feed a little let them forage for food the rest of the day

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What Are The Ingredients of Kodama Koi Food?
The ingredients to Kodama Koi Food are Super Premium grade fish meal, Spirulina, Fishmeal, and Bio Stone.

Fish-meal is the main ingredient in many koi foods as the main protein source. Therefore quality of fish meal is very critical. Kodama Koi Food uses only the best fishmeal called “Super Premium grade.”

Only the fish meal that is examined as low as 500 ppm Histamine or lower. Histamine indicates the freshness of fish meal. Because it is so fresh, it has very low Ethoxyquin, which is an antioxidant used as a food preservative. Low preservative levels assure less health problems down the road.

wheat-germ-koi-foodWheat germ oil is a widely known health food for humans and the residual, depleted wheat germ is most frequently used in koi food. However, Kodama uses FRESH Wheat Germ with the health-boosting oil still in it. It keeps the koi healthy while improving it’s skin quality.

Kodama also uses quality top quality Spirulina as a nutritional supplement. This floating micro algae is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals to help improve immunity and flesh quality of the koi.

spirulina-koi-foodThis ingredient makes the food more digestible while enhancing the vibrancy of koi colors. Spirulina is mainly used to enhance the red coloring of koi with its natural carotenoid content. Kodama always strives to find Spirulina with high concentrations of carotenoid.

Bio Stone is a mineral featuring silicon aluminum. It is used in this food because it not only acts to keep koi healthy but also absorbs ammonia in the pond for better water quality.\

Kodama Koi Food also incorporates other complementary vitamins and minerals that meet the high demands of koi nutrition.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Been using 50lb. bags of blue ridge platinum pro for the past few years, it has a probiotic immune stimulant in the food.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also purchased sweet potato large floating pellets for selective feeding I'll toss those to the larger fish as they need more food. and the little guys in the group feeding are by far faster on average

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7-A
Been using 50lb. bags of blue ridge platinum pro for the past few years, it has a probiotic immune stimulant in the food.
I have been using the Blue Ridge Platinum Pro for 5-6 years also for my 12 large koi and they love it. Webb's seems to have the best price.

Ask a Question