Fish Food supplier

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
Hello, I have been buying my koi fish food from Drs Foster and Smith online for years a couple 40lb bags a year (Blackwater) as well as pond breathers etc. Just recently they stopped shipping to Canada and no longer pay to have there site hosted on Canadian servers....so as a Canadian I can`t even look at their website and order something and have it delivered to a U.S. address (which is what I have been doing for years)
I can only assume this is because of Trumpian tariffs etc.....so I am looking for a new online`Koi food source preferably Blackwater or something similar that others here have had good luck with.....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If you're driving across to pick it up anyways, you could order through a VPN.
I use Private Internet Access. It's $3/month.
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Without a VPN
Capture.PNG

With a VPN
Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I second using a VPN if you plan on picking it up. I use one for international news, BBC etc. It's good if you have no cable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
Try calling and asking why you are no longer able to order. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I emailed them..they responded that they no longer ship to Canada or pay to have their site hosted on Canadian servers.
If you're driving across to pick it up anyways, you could order through a VPN.
I use Private Internet Access. It's $3/month.
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Without a VPN
View attachment 113722

With a VPN
View attachment 113724

I thought about masking my address or VPN or adding a ghost type extension to my browser....might be my only option.
Webbsonline.com. We feed with a mix of blue ridge and hai feng and get it on line at about 3.80 US on amazon.

Thanks will look at this...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I just received my order yesterday from Fosters and Smith (a couple of pond breathers), so this is recent development.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
BlueOrca, By the way do you know they are owned by Petco? I wonder if Petco ships to Canada?
I worried when Petco bought Fosters and Smith that their customer service would suffer. I wonder if they're planning on some big changes, hence drastic reductions on some items....such as Pond Breathers?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I didn't know Petco bought Drs. Foster and Smith either. They've been having some great sales lately. I also bought one of those pond breathers for 17 and change, plus free shipping on $19. They were $79 on Amazon!

Ask a Question