Fish Food---Update

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Did a couple of searches. Some sites have removed medicated foods that were available. Still plenty of site that are listing it so guessing they are dumping their stock. How long will this food last if sealed air tight and kept under refrigeration? Any idea?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just did a new search. A vet 15 miles from here handles fish! Going to call and see if they have any koi experience. Wondering about antibiotics that are used to treat water. I have purchased tetracycline in the past so guessing that will be regulated as well.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My goldfish don't get to see a vet. The strong survive, which so far has been all of them.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Wondering about antibiotics that are used to treat water. I have purchased tetracycline in the past so guessing that will be regulated as well.

That would likely be the next step. I have read several papers written on the subject of antibiotics entering the natural water systems and the concern that this may result in more 'superbugs' only on a much wider and uncontrollable level.

Ask a Question