sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been looking at both fall foods and summer foods and microb-lift even makes food now .I like floating food but now see there are ones with zeolite for winter to cut down on ammonia for winter and summer food with fruits and greens .Some with extra immune booster and garlic already added .So question is it better to buy more than one kind to give the fish a healthier diet .Others have added bacteria and some have krill and shrimp in the summer food .I do know vitaminc and vitaminE are important and so is garlic

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at both fall foods and summer foods and microb-lift even makes food now .I like floating food but now see there are ones with zeolite for winter to cut down on ammonia for winter and summer food with fruits and greens .Some with extra immune booster and garlic already added .So question is it better to buy more than one kind to give the fish a healthier diet .Others have added bacteria and some have krill and shrimp in the summer food .I do know vitaminc and vitaminE are important and so is garlic
I wouldnt bother with the zeolite feed sissy it sounds like a bit of a gimic it takes more zeolite than that to to leach ammonia out of the water like a net bag full

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use zeolite in my filters and have for years .I recharge it 2 times and then i throw it in my gardens and sure does make my potato's grow great .API fish food now adds it to there food .I was ordering food for my fish and was wondering about it .Never saw it added to food before

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I have two bags of large zeolite rocks one is in the filter whist the other is charging up they have been used in rotation for years now sissy they still work

Dave

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Zeolite in fish food. What next? Although zeolite has been well documented in its ability to bind Ammonia and other pollutants, there is very little in the way of scientific research to support it affording any measurable advantage as a feed supplement in fish. In fact, I could find only one paper that addressed this subject.
The application effects of natural zeolite in feed and ... - Zeocat
The results of this particular research project are misleading due to the absence of a project group limited to zeolite supplemented feed only. In this project the group fed the zeolite enhanced feed were also housed in zeolite treated water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was wondering about people who don't use zeolite and how during a long winter if it would really change things .How do they put food in zeolite treated water and what kind of food was it .Was the food enhanced with the vitamins that fish need with the long winter and how much if any did the fish get sunlight and was the water ever tested during that time .Fish need some sun were they housed indoors or outdoors and if out doors what were the water temperatures .We as humans need sunlight and vitamin c .We like a variety of foods ,granted that some of those choices we make are not healthy .I agree zeolite is good and like maria said variety is good

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yes but the info did not seem to be complete and it is for trout back in 2006 and I saw nothing on there unless I missed it about where these fish were house except the size of the pool they were in .Maybe i missed something because I was reading it while making dinner .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nothing about how they were housed and how much sunlight they got and they were rainbow trout .Plus where it was done at and all the people involved .I also did not see anything that would help a pond owner that has filters .Plus rain and snow and weather can change that info they produced .I guess no one has done a study on a pond and it's real effects in a home pond .That study sounds very commercial to me .Like a trout farm for food would be done .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Maybe next year the food companies will put micro beads of magnets in the fish food and tell people that it removes heavy metals from the fish as it passes through.

I don't agree with companies messing with the food I eat, so I also don't agree with messing with the food I feed my pets.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
nothing about how they were housed and how much sunlight they got and they were rainbow trout .Plus where it was done at and all the people involved .I also did not see anything that would help a pond owner that has filters .Plus rain and snow and weather can change that info they produced .I guess no one has done a study on a pond and it's real effects in a home pond .That study sounds very commercial to me .Like a trout farm for food would be done .

Most scientific research projects are conducted under controlled conditions. This is to insure that the results are not corrupted by any unseen or unexpected variables. Nothing commercial about this study.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But vitamins and minerals are added to almost all foods including pet foods .We eat food for things like vitamin C and E and that is not enough so we take vitamins .The study has nothing to do with ponds we own and maintain and it is so old that it may not even be seen as the same these days

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
But vitamins and minerals are added to almost all foods including pet foods .We eat food for things like vitamin C and E and that is not enough so we take vitamins .The study has nothing to do with ponds we own and maintain and it is so old that it may not even be seen as the same these days

If one eats a balanced diet, there is no need for any food supplements, including vitamins.

The study has something to do with your original post which was about zeolite in fish food, no mention of ponds. The subject matter of this study probably has not been considered important enough to warrant the time and expense of any subsequent research.

I find it interesting that you are being so critical of this, a scientific study, yet you treat the word of Eric Triplett as gospel.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada

Ask a Question