sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could use stainless steel hose clamps they come in all sizes and the stainless does not rust and holds up I use them on my plumbing parts in the water .If you seal up the edges of the clay tiles with silicon that would protect the fish .Addy and others use the pl roofing goop in the tube .But putting extra liner under the feet will protect your pond liner from scrapes from the table legs .You will have to check the plastic table after awhile as they do start to fall apart or crack from being wet all the time .I had one of those little step stool ones in my large concrete fountain in NJ and went to stand on it after a year of it being in there and found it was cracking all over .I kept it in there so I could onclog the top fountain part of leaves and debree being blown in .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hmm., I hadnt heard about the plastic breaking down like that in the water. I'll have to watch for that on the ones I'm planning to put my lotus pots on. Was it in relatively shallow water where maybe the suns UV rays could get to it?

Craig

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Craig- I have also used the chimney liners in the pond but removed them when I had several fish get scrapes and cuts from the rough edges. I still use them for spillways and wiers going form one section to another.

This is exactly what I was talking about when I said koi are very quck at flight and can damage themselves when spooked better to have one less thing in the bottom of the pond than open yourself up for damage you needent have

rgrds

Dave

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello

Craig wrote:
Hmm., I hadnt heard about the plastic breaking down like that in the water.

Yes they get brittle in open air and in the sun more so in water and then pop/break
Or I could be wrong as that flosting planter that the person created they are being used and did not read anyone having that problem.

Dave 54 Wrote:

This is exactly what I was talking about when I said koi are very quck at flight and can damage themselves when spooked better to have one less thing in the bottom of the pond than open yourself up for damage you needent have
Yes I agree that is why I am trying so hard to make it as round and soft as possiable
I just can not think of anyother way to have a hide away/Turrtle sunning area with out having 4 legs/post going in to the pond. :redface:

Thanks
Ruben :razz:

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Ok spent most of the day on this, And I think it turned out pretty good.
I said it all up out side the pond and stood on it and it is pretty strong so I am happy about that.

Here is the start
Table start.JPG

(Cut legs) Sanded the legs and table to help get any crud that might have gotten there.
Cutting leg.JPG

(Drilled legs) they are also filled with a little peat gravel.
Drilled holes.JPG

(Wrapped legs) I also put liner on the top
I had some aquaruim water glue sealer so I used that to glue the seam together on the liner and the top. I left the liner a little lose in hopes that
it will fill with water and if the fish do run in to the legs it will be a little more cussion then a solid hit. (Well in Theory anyway) :LOL:
Wrapped legs.JPG

(Here is the final) Fish hide and Turttle landing
End result.JPG

Thank all for your advise and help on this :ideacyclops:
Ruben :goldfish:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love it! Great job.......

hand_applause.gif
hand_applause.gif

your fish will be happy

fish34.gif

and your frogs

frosch193-2.gif

and turtles!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, that is a really great idea. Thanks for posting the start to finish and all the ideas that came your way along the build.
I have some of my lily pots on the stackable shelf units that Menards sells. Someone on her said they made a good "cave", and they do when put upside down. Only problem is that they are lightweight, and once I pulled the lilies to prune them for winter, they floated up. Next spring, I'll have to figure out a way to weigh them down so they stay put! Was easy enough to use rake to hold them in place while I lowered a pot onto them to hold them in place, though. All the things we change once we do a test run ... :)

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
CountryEsacpe wrote:
I have some of my lily pots on the stackable shelf units that Menards sells. Someone on her said they made a good "cave", and they do when put upside down. Only problem is that they are lightweight, and once I pulled the lilies to prune them for winter, they floated up.

If they are the shelves I am thinking of
Maybe you can get a nice flat rock Like I used on mine and put it on top of the selve to wiegh it down then the lilli pot goes on top of the flat rock.
Just a idea :)

Ruben

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello

Fisylove Wrote:
Ruben, did you glue those stones to the top of the table?

No the rocks are not glued
I did glue/seal (Aquarium sealant) liner to the table this helped with the stones not slipping or moving around.
If you look closly I pitched/angled the table some that is why one edge is down in water.
This is for the turttles to be able to swim up and get up on it to sun bathe.
Plus if you glue the stones on there first it will be very heavy and a pain to move into the pond.
If you do that you will need to people to help get in the pond.
And my wife will not get in the pond hehehehehehe :LOL:

Ruben :razz:

Ask a Question