Fish injury

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
The new bog changed the water flow to the top pond. I came home last week to find one of the big koi in the stream. I put him back in the lower pond and he seems to be doing well. One of the other large koi also went down the stream. I had not seen it since. It came out to eat this morning and it looks pretty scraped up. Seems to be swimming fine and did eat. Any chances it will survive?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Poor koi! ):

I'm not quick to medicate, but in case of serious injuries I would separate the fish (if possible) and disinfect with Melafix...but that's me

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am having trouble visualizing your pond. Do you have a upper pond connected by a stream to a lower pond and then a bog at the bottom?
I agree with Gemma, treat the Koi in a separate hospital tank.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
After not seeing this fish for almost two weeks, I was sure that she was a goner. I kept hoping because I had not found any evidence of her demise. She showed herself yesterday looking great. A small amount of redness left on her sides from the original injury but she was up and more vigorous about eating. Hopefully she is out of the woods.

Ask a Question