Fish on the bottom , can it be because the weather is getting colder

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fish on the bottom can it be because the water is getting colder
only if the water is in the mid 30s F. Is the fish moving? Acting abnormal? Doesn't swim with the rest of the herd? How are the other fish doing? A lone fish, bottom sitting by itself, indicates a problem. All the fish doing this (NOT with low water temps) indicates the wole pond is affected by either disease or parasite or even water conditons, though ususally they'll dart, dash, gasp at the surface, or float listelessy for the latter.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1633819462235.gif
@Renee g

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

We might be better able to help you if we knew more information about your pond and where you live.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
After we had a heron eat one of our fish, the rest stayed down near the bottom for several days. Could it be something like that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have one small fish that sits in the same spot most of the time. It's not on the bottom, but on one of the shelves about 10 inches deep. He/she is almost always there.
I think it's just his favorite spot.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I have one small fish that sits in the same spot most of the time. It's not on the bottom, but on one of the shelves about 10 inches deep. He/she is almost always there.
I think it's just his favorite spot.
Not to side track the thread but I see that behavior with fish with floating issues.

Ask a Question