Fish pox issuse

Reaction score
This time last year i had 1 fish that had a few fish pox lumps on its tail since then no other issues. But over last few weeks ive noticed that 3 more koi have what looks like waxy lumps on there bodys and fins, i think its defo fish pox. I thought this was a cold water issue?? as my water has been around 13-16 degrees over the last 3 weeks the waters warming up. Ive done a few water checks and everything is ok. Has anyone got any ideas why the fish are getting these lumps ??? They dont seem to worry the fish as there still feeding ok and acting as normal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Could you post some pictures? My understanding is fish pox is not contagious and it's unlikely multiple fish have tumors / cysts, simultaneously . Hopefully others with more experience, will chime in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Willo its in the koi to cure itself here and as the temperature of your pond rises thee waxy like growths will fade and disapear.
It may take a few seasons for it to disapear compltely so bear with it

Dave

Reaction score
Could you post some pictures? My understanding is fish pox is not contagious and it's unlikely multiple fish have tumors / cysts, simultaneously . Hopefully others with more experience, will chime in.

I will try but dont want to start catching the fish and cause more stress to them. They look like the lumps one of my fish got last year and hes gone loads bigger so i dont think its bothering them ??

Reaction score

I have got some pics of the fish that had lumps last year. This year there isn't as many lumps on its tail.

Attachments

• 20140910_124039.jpg
    20140910_124039.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 20140910_124045.jpg
    20140910_124045.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 284
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Thank you for the pictures. It does look like fish pox to me. I've not actually had a fish with it, but have read about it and studied the forums. I'm sure @Dave 54 's advice is spot on!

Ask a Question