Fish Rescue Scotland

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, In November I registered with "Fish Rescue Scotland" an organisation that helps fish lovers re-home all kinds of fish regardless of the reason.
I am happy to say that yesterday I completed my first rescue for a local guy, who had a pond which collapsed.
He lost a couple of his 4 year old comets and didn't want the other two to die.
I rescued them, one is about 8 inched long (4 years old) and the other is about 4 inches long (2 years old).
They are in my quarantine container at the moment and seem to be doing fine.
Thankfully the temperatures are back up in the pond, and I am happy to say that it looks like most of my own fish have survived the winter and are swimming around.
I will be looking to introduce the rescues to the pond in a couple of days when I am sure they are infection free, and the results of their scraping come back.
They were a bit stressed, but seem to be settling now, and are starting to eat wheatgerm food. Please keep your fingers crossed for them.
I will keep you all informed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, In November I registered with "Fish Rescue Scotland" an organisation that helps fish lovers re-home all kinds of fish regardless of the reason.
I am happy to say that yesterday I completed my first rescue for a local guy, who had a pond which collapsed.
He lost a couple of his 4 year old comets and didn't want the other two to die.
I rescued them, one is about 8 inched long (4 years old) and the other is about 4 inches long (2 years old).
They are in my quarantine container at the moment and seem to be doing fine.
Thankfully the temperatures are back up in the pond, and I am happy to say that it looks like most of my own fish have survived the winter and are swimming around.
I will be looking to introduce the rescues to the pond in a couple of days when I am sure they are infection free, and the results of their scraping come back.
They were a bit stressed, but seem to be settling now, and are starting to eat wheatgerm food. Please keep your fingers crossed for them.
I will keep you all informed.
Gavin Spot on my friend , I have a Lady friend called Max who runs the Uk's only goldfish and koi rescue service in the South East , she goes as far as to find surrogate owners , nursinging their wounds fighting diseases etc prior to them going to their new owners ,
Its nice to see someome else doinging it too all be it on a smaller scale at the moment ;)

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
rescuing another 3 year old goldy on Saturday.

Dont forget to QT this fish prior to it going in with your other rescues otherwise you'll defete the the object of the exersise remember to match temperatures with this new one especially if its coming indoors to be QT'd .
Give me a shout if you get any problems with them Gav.

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dont forget to QT this fish prior to it going in with your other rescues otherwise you'll defete the the object of the exersise remember to match temperatures with this new one especially if its coming indoors to be QT'd .
Give me a shout if you get any problems with them Gav.

Dave
Will do Dave. will be QT outside in heated tank,,,,,,see you guys have turned me into a pond nut already :)

Ask a Question