Fish still spawning in mid Sept!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Our weather has been extremely warm with very unseasonal temps in the mid 20's low 30's this past week. It's kick started yet another spawning frenzy in my pond. So much so, yesterday afternoon
I spotted a very tired looking yellow goldfish hanging around in some plants, it did swim off very slowly to the depths of the pond when I approached. This morning it was dead :-( I've never had a spawning take place so late in the year.
Edit....just realised I've posted this in the wrong part of the forum, should have been in Garden pond talk, Duh!

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Our weather has been extremely warm with very unseasonal temps in the mid 20's low 30's this past week. It's kick started yet another spawning frenzy in my pond. So much so, yesterday afternoon
I spotted a very tired looking yellow goldfish hanging around in some plants, it did swim off very slowly to the depths of the pond when I approached. This morning it was dead :-( I've never had a spawning take place so late in the year.
Edit....just realised I've posted this in the wrong part of the forum, should have been in Garden pond talk, Duh!
Ahhh, I don't think anyone will be upset WHERE you posted. It's the THAT and WHAT you posted that matters, LOL! (Did that even make sense...?). Sorry that you lost a GF, though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Probably died due to exhaustion from the goings on in the early hours of the past few very warm days! It was a female that had been chased around the previous day by many suitors. It didn't appear to have any unusual marks or damage. All the other fish are swimming around as usual, eating and whatever, so hopefully it's a one off.

Ask a Question