Fish surviving renovation...?

Reaction score
I have transferred 5 koi and some goldies to a large plastic swimming pool (probably 250 gallons). I transferred pond water with them and have a bubbler going as well as i added some of the floating plants that were in the original pond. The water is only 8-10 " deep. My project may take a little longer than I thought now. Will they be okay in there for the next 3-4 days? I live in Denver - overnight temps have been down in the 40's. Thanks for the help...

Reaction score
I live near Denver too. They should survive in there for a few days although I think it might freeze next week so make sure the bubbler stays on overnight.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Unless you have a 3 or 4 day spell below freezing, you should be OK. If you are worried, bring your kiddie pool indoors.

Reaction score
Unless you have a 3 or 4 day spell below freezing, you should be OK. If you are worried, bring your kiddie pool indoors.

If you can't manage indoor pool than simple grew the the pond grass in your pond's any corner. It helps to warm inside temperature of the pond.

Reaction score
Thanks all for the comments - the renovation went well and all fish and tadpoles survived for 8 days while the work went on. Only thing that was cause for concern was my toddler had easier access to trying to catch them :)

Ask a Question