"Fish "tango"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Is anyone elses fish doing the mating "tango"? I just brought 8 newbies to my pond last night and after 2 hours of getting aquainted with the place there were 3 (I assume one girl and two boys) having at it already! They are darting through my lilies like no other and I caught her what looked to be "nesting" over on of the lilies pots for a few seconds...Oh and YES one of my 3 fish I thought had disappeared was still in the pond!!! And the one I really liked too yaaaaa! Sure wish I knew what happened to the other two :((

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do you have a net on your pond that is tight to the sides .It could be a hungry cat

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I do now! Put netting over the pond last night after I brought the new kids on the block home! Aint NOTHING happening to these guys...with predators again (if that's what it was but I'm guessing it was now) my one fish that I saw looked to be scared to death and would keep darting back behind the waterfall (cubby hole there) but today seems to be happy again staying out longer periods of time...so yup guessing it was some sort of predator...I anchored the netting down with stakes and under rocks so nothing can get it away from the edges

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Not sure what your water temp is at, but I believe its still a little early and cold for that, maybe not, Im not an expert on breeding. Maybe they were just spazzing out a little because of thier new environment?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The water doesn't feel that warm to the touch but aint bad...should go take it's temp to find out. Wow last years I was just getting the pond in the month before this and this year I might have babies! (guess I'll find out huh)...ok why do I have the feeling I want a bigger pond lol...no no no I just got it up and running again argh...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine have done the deed, the fat gals are skinny again. Think all or most of the eggs were a snack for the others, very little plant coverage to save the eggs.

Reaction score
mine were in ponds one and two and it seems as though they are beginning to in pond three , this week has been a fish orgy in missouri (ST Louis) temps bouncing all over the place lots of spring rain and a few storms after the storm and torrential downpours it seemed as if the fish took that as a spring is here signal

Ask a Question