Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
So that's what it sounds like inside the tank!
I couldn't resist tapping to see what they hear when things are moved around :D I guess has to do with the idea that sound travels 1482 m/s in water and only about 325 m/s in air. Thats how submarines are able to echo a sound off another vessel @ upwards of 10 + miles away

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've always wonder if the fish can see us from the inside of the tank. I thought they would see their own reflection but then they always know when I get close to the tank to give food....

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I've always wonder if the fish can see us from the inside of the tank. I thought they would see their own reflection but then they always know when I get close to the tank to give food....
You would have to either have your hand pressed up to the glass or have the room brightly lit and the tank dark for them to see well. I think they actually hear/feel whenever you walk up to the tank. At least thats the way my experiment showed because they react to me walking up even before I am close enough to be seen even a little.

Ask a Question