Fish with bloat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm putting my Miranda fish in a separate tank from my pond to try and save from the bloat how much salt do i add ive been feeding him peas the whole time thats all i feed my fish finding out now that's not good I think I gave him the bloat with to many peas he looks to be on his last fin can i save him? I'm gonna stop feeding him all together for awhile what else can I do

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Welcome lynngustaitis!
What does the bloat look like? Any raised scales, is the fish floating upside down?
Can you post a picture?

Reaction score
Welcome @lynngustaitis ! Sorry to hear your fish is having trouble! You'll find lots of helpful people here. Any info you can add to fill out the picture would be great - size of pond, how many fish and type, what kind of filtration, any recent changes, etc. And as @MitchM said - a photo of the fish will be helpful!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@lynngustaitis Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear about your fish! Yes, please give us more information about your pond.....and what you are calling “the bloat.” And please tell me what a “Miranda fish” is? And not to sound rude, but please use punctuation — it’s hard to follow what you are saying when all the words run together.
  • How big is your pond?
  • How many and what size fish do you have?
  • Do you have any filtration?
  • How long has your pond been set up?
  • Where do you live — what climate zone?
  • Please describe what you mean by “the bloat.”
  • Do you test your water and if so, what are the numbers for your tests?

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question