Fishmate leaking hose tail connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am building a 5000 litre pond right now and purchased a fishmate 15000 filter. I noticed the hose tail connectors didn't come with any o-ring unlike my UV filter and pump and there does not seem to be any space to fit one either. When I plumbed it in and tightened it up it leaked badly on both the inlet and outlet. Even PVC plumbers tape around the collar and a jubilee clip for good measure hasn't stopped the leak completely. Is this a known issue with the Fishmate connectors and is there a way of getting a non leaky connection? Any tips or advice greatly appreciated!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
not sure how to answer your question, I would say a bead of silicone, but I have no experience with those connectors so dont know what they look like or what they are for.

although, Welcome to the forum!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1600402986485.gif
@Declan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Not exactly sure what you have there. Are they hose barb connectors that screw into your pump? I guess you mean they are leaking from the threaded side. Try wrapping a few layers of plumber's teflon tape on the threads before you screw them in.
Post some pictures if you can.

Ask a Question